Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Yet another devise...

Bob slept the majority of the day. I'm not sure if it's his brain wanting rest, effects of the continual antibiotics, or lack of physical strength. Maybe it's a combination of all three.

Bob has been given an IV pump now. He will be given his antibiotic through the PICC line continuously with a pump, 24/7 for six weeks. Something else to hinder progress. Positively though, the antibiotic will cure his infection. Also, I've noticed in the past, that when my t is on an antibiotic, his thinking gets clearer.

Bob was mad at me today, because I couldn't convince him that his new office is his office. He doesn't realize his office is in our house. He thinks his office is in another building somewhere.

I also couldn't convince him that we were in Roseburg, Oregon either. I'm not sure what will convince him. Time, I suppose.

I tried to get Bob to walk more today. He is good at it; he just chooses to be safe in his wheelchair.

REMEMBER: One-year Survivor Party on May 29.

No comments: