Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I deserve a D for failing to post...

Sorry for not posting for a few days. I've been tired by the end of the day. Bob and I have been trying to get into some sort of routine. It's not working.

I read today on the Brain aneurysm foundation website that the brain IS a muscle and memory will come back if the survivor exercises it. The amount of time it takes depends on where the aneurysm broke in the brain. Frontal lobe breaks take a longer time to heal, which is where Bob's was, than other parts of the brain. How much longer? No one knows. So, that bit of information (that I already knew, but needed reinforced) refreshed my faith today.

Bob is recovering so well. He's walking better. His eyes are coordinated. His memory is coming back. Short-term memory still needs work. All in all, I'll give things one thumbs up.

My invention was approved for partnership with a company in California. That was exciting news.

No comments: