Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

And the dilemma goes on...

I'm still debating in my head about giving up my life's passion of education verses making money. What a debate, right? I've been in education for so long, and I'm good at it. Heavens, I have an Ed. D. Of course, I know a lot. However, what educator makes a lot of money. Some do; however, there are 100 times that many that don't. The saying goes, "If I wanted to make money, I wouldn't be a teacher." Or, "I want to teach children to learn. I'm not in it to make money."

So...my entire life doesn't have to revolve around teaching. I can still teach my online class. I can still tutor. I can still consult. I can still write.

There...my debate is done. Time for a full-out career change.

I've been studying still to take the broker's test. By listening to Bob talk to clients, asking him lots of questions, and taking a four week online class that is teaching trading, I'm getting closer to being able to take the test.

Bob is continuing to recover. We are in the process of planning the details of our wedding. I think he has cried everyday about it. Joyful tears. Of course. He is such an emotional person. He's so sweet.

No comments: