Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 8, 2009

A little history

I'm in Roseburg today. I was detained today, but will be traveling to OHSU tomorrow with Zachary. He is such a wonderful help. He is also learning a life lesson from all of this that I'm sure would have been taight in school.


I talked with Bob's nurse today, who said, Bob was sitting on the edge of the bed today during his physical therapy session. The PT said Bob was doing 80% of the work himself. He was also moving on command. (Dance everyone!)


For the inquiring minds: Let me give you a little bit of how Bob and I came to be. Believe it or not, we are an internet success story. We met in an Al-anon (group for family and friends of alcoholics) chat room, http://www.stepchat.com/. We were working on improving ourselves mentally, spiritually, and physically. We knew each other by screen name only; his was t-bear; mine was mumski and sometimes sweetie-when I wanted to hide. We supported each other as alanon family members for months. Marriage separations happened on both parts and blah blah blah... We decided to meet each other in person. I flew to MN. Then, Bob came to Oregon. Then, Zachary and I drove to MN. Then, Bob came to Oregon. Finally, Bob moved to Oregon (Don't you think for one second that I should have moved to MN! I moved to OR from PA to get out of snow. I was not going to go back to subzero weather! I may have bumped my head once or twice, but I didn't bump it that hard...;o) )


While in the chat room, I referred to him as t (It took too long to type t-bear). After we met, I continued to call him t. He calls me sweetie. I don't think I've ever heard him say my name. He teases me about how I say Bob. I have a northern PA accent that sounds a little like a New Yorker. When I say Bob, it sounds like Baub. So...I call him t.


So there, you have the scoop on how t and I met.

Prayer for Bob by Paster Daryl:
Eternal God, you know us through and through, you know our needs even when we can’t speak them. Touch Bob with your grace and presence. As you give him your abiding care, assure him of our love and presence. Assure him that our communion together remains secure, and that your love for him is unfailing. In Christ, who came to us, we pray. Amen. adapted from UM Book of Worship
email: jiachini@msn.com
stroke info: http://www.strokeassociation.org
OHSU: 3181 SW Sam Jackson, Portland, OR 97239 Floor 10K Rm #8

No comments: