Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 7, 2009

I GOT A GRIN!

I knew I'd get a grin from t if I talked about sex! (close your ears Joe, Isaac, Aunika, and Zachary) I told Bob this morning that I was going to crawl in bed with him, but he had to promise me that he'd keep his hands off of me. He looked right at me and cracked a little smerk. He knew that it would be me who couldn't keep my hands off of him.

During the past couple of days, I've been holding the phone to his ear so Bob's mom and dad could talk to him. He listens very attentively. He's moving more and staying awake most of the day.

I'm back in Roseburg for 24 hours, then I'm off to Portland with my oldest son, Daniel, tomorrow. Daniel moved here from Pennsylvania on Tuesday, 6/2/09. He will be wonderful help, if I can keep him pinned down. That may be hard since he is 27 and already set in his ways.

Prayer for Bob by Paster Daryl:
Eternal God, you know us through and through, you know our needs even when we can’t speak them. Touch Bob with your grace and presence. As you give him your abiding care, assure him of our love and presence. Assure him that our communion together remains secure, and that your love for him is unfailing. In Christ, who came to us, we pray. Amen. adapted from UM Book of Worship

email: jiachini@msn.com
stroke info: http://www.strokeassociation.org/OHSU: 3181 SW Sam Jackson, Portland, OR 97239 Floor 10K Rm #8

No comments: