Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Still the mayor!

At home, we call t, Mayor Bob, because he can talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere, and walk away good friends. Well, he hasn't lost the knack to chat! We had good conversations this afternoon. He was awake the whole day. It seems like his routine goes on an every-other-day schedule; he's awake one day, then the next, he sleeps most of the day. That's ok, he needs to rest that brain of his. When he's awake, he looks like he is in deep thought the entire time.


He made a promise today to work hard at physical therapy so we can go for walks together. So, you know what that means....I have to work at getting stronger too so I can go for our walks together. I don't know if it will work, but I promised to try. (I guess I'll need to keep everyone posted on my progress too. Na...you don't want to hear that!)


A prayer of healing and strength:
Dear God,
Use every event in my life, even my present circumstance, to work within me to bring healing of body, mind, soul, spirit, and relationship. In every way manifest your blessing in and through my life. Amen.
email: jiachini@msn.com
stroke info: http://www.strokeassociation.com/
aneurysm info: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysm.htm
Rose Haven Nursing Center740 NW Hill Pl., Roseburg, OR 97471 Room 128

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, we want to hear the progress that you make!!!! Because you will need to keep up with Bob or he will leave you in the dust. You know that you both are quite competitive and can keep each other going! You however need a little help from some kind of drug breakthrough. It will happen!!!!!!!