Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 6, 2009

TOO BIG TO FAIL!

Bob is determined to get back to work. He and I had a good talk tonight about everything that happened. I don't think that'll be the last conversation we'll have. I'm sure he's already forgotten most of it anyhow. However, he is very determined to get back to trading. He says he misses it. He is also thankful he is alive, and says he will figure out why God wanted him to be alive. I told him I know one reason. I said that it made all of us think about our own lives and how we live them.

I didn't realize, until I posted this photo, that the caption on the magazine, "Too Big To Fail", is a perfect moto for Bob. I think I'll frame this magazine cover.

Two interesting things happened today that makes me marvel at the brain. I had my t look in the mirror to brush his hair. I asked him, who the person was in the mirror. He said, "It's me." I, then, asked, "What is the person's name in the mirror?", and he had no clue. But, he knew his name. He just couldn't put the connection together.

Another interesting thing was when Aunika came into the room, he knew her name; but, when she put on a surgical mask (one that covers the nose and mouth), he didn't know who she was. When she pulled the mask down, he said, "It looks like Aunika.", but wasn't sure. When she put it back over her nose and mouth, he didn't know. Interesting....

A PRAYER FOR TODAY FROM JOEL OSTEEN
"Father in heaven, I choose to trust that You are working things out for my good. I choose to stand in faith, believing that my season of breakthrough is coming. Give me Your strength and peace as I patiently wait on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, email me.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.

email: jiachini@msn.com

stroke info: http://www.strokeassociation.com

aneurysm info: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysm.htm

VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 108A

No comments: