Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Homeward bound countdown...

Bob is doing so wonderfully; it excites me to think he'll be coming home soon. He comes home as soon as the pressure wound heals and he's able to stand. The pressure wound still has a ways to go, but it's getting better. Bob will be able to go back to the physical therapy room to work on standing and walking as soon as he is cleared of the C-Diff infection. Hopefully, that will be the middle of the week. He'll be able to go out of his room and socialize too. He's getting cabin fever being cooped up in his room.


Well, I did what I promised. I walked from the parking lot to Bob's room using a walker. Zachary followed me with the wheelchair. I only made it one way. Whew...was that hard.


Cognitively, Bob was sharp today. He got a little testy with me too (seems to be a common thing lately). He always follows his testy attitude with, "You know I still love you though?" How could anyone stay mad at that comment?

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
"Father in heaven, thank You for this new day. Thank You for the opportunity to begin again. I choose to press forward and keep believing for the dreams and desires You’ve placed in my heart. I trust You today with everything that I am. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, email me.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.
email
stroke info
aneurysm info
VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 108A

No comments: