Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yet another infection....ugh!

Geez...another infection! Bob will be on another ten day antibiotic regimen for a new infection. This one is called C-Diff. This one causes stomach cramps and "the runs". He is on complete isolation again. However, this time Bob can't leave the room until he tests negative three times. Visitors have to gown and glove, as well as nurses. I need to have limited bodily contact. Sorry, I can't see that happening! If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm taking him yogurt tomorrow to get some of the "good" bacteria in his stomach.



Joe, Aunika, and I went to Grants Pass today to watch a marching band competition that Zachary was in with his high school. They placed first in the preliminaries. I won't know final results until Zachary gets home around 11pm. I'll keep you posted.



Joe reminded me of my deal with Bob about exercising and walking with Bob. To update you on that plan, I've been doing some exercises. I try walking some. Boy, do my legs "poop" out fast. I actually walked up the stadium steps today to have a better vantage point! (with assistance on both arms, of course)

A PRAYER FOR TODAY from Joel Osteen
"Father in heaven, I choose to believe Your Word above all else. I know that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf, and You will cause me to triumph. Help me to tune out the negative voices of the world so that I can focus on Your goodness all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, email me.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.

email
stroke info
aneurysm info
VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 108A

No comments: