Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Everything is good...

Bob knew everything today. He remembered he's going to Vancouver. However, he did say he was going to Canada. I never specified Vancouver, WA, so that's an honest mistake. He even told me today, something that Bob would always have said. When I asked him what was I to do while he's gone for three weeks, he said, "Relax". I said, "What if I can't?" He said, "You'll just have to." That's a Bob thing. I can never get him to whine with me. :-/

He looked really good. He only rode the bike in physical therapy. I even had the camera to video him walking.

I was told yesterday that Bob couldn't count change. I've learned not to react to their (the medical staff) assumptions. A two-minute evaluation to them is a "given". Anyway, I asked Bob today if he bought something for $2.6o at the store and he gave the cashier 5 bucks, how much change would he get? Without a pause, he said, "$2.40". (Let's chalk their test results up to "he was tired".)

Hahaha...I have another one for you farmers. It's been awhile since I asked Bob to list the kinds of animals on a farm. He listed quite a few. He missed a horse, so I tried to give him clues for him to guess a horse. Well, you all know I'm not a country bumpkin. I gave the clue, "How do you round up all of the cattle?" You know what he said? He said, "I'd feed them." hahaha...

I thought the follow message from Joel Osteen was appropriate for the recovery process that we are all waiting for:

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Every person has things they're believing for, situations they want to see changed, and dreams God has placed in their hearts. But sometimes, we try to figure out how it's all going to happen. If we're not careful, we'll put God in a box and try to tell Him how to do it, when to do it, and where to do it.
Today's scripture tells us that God's ways are not our ways. They are higher and better than our ways. If you don't get your way, if things don't happen on your timetable, instead of getting discouraged, why don't you believe that God has something better in store? Just because it doesn't happen your way doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Remember, God has a plan. He's got it all figured out. Don't limit Him by trying to get it done your way. Instead, simply say, "God, I'm trusting You. I know You have my best interest at heart. And even if I don't get my way, I'm going to stay open and believe that You're still directing my steps into the abundant life You have for me."

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I choose to trust You. I cast my cares on You. I give You my plans, dreams, and desires for the future. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your peace as I wait patiently to see Your plan unfold. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Bob Pirie Fund: Many of Bob's friends have expressed that they wanted to help by donating to a fund that will help with Bob's medical expenses. I have set up a Bob Pirie Fund at Umpqua Bank here in Roseburg. If you are interested in making a contribution, you can mail a check to: Umpqua Bank
Bob Pirie Fund
445 SE Main Street
Roseburg, OR 97470
c/o Caryn Martin, Universal Associate

Thank you in advance for your support and contribution.

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, go to the website, click on Become a Rep.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.
email or jiachini@msn.com
stroke info
aneurysm info
VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 103

No comments: