Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 29, 2010

House arrest again....

Bob decided to take a stroll outside of the Transitional Care Unit again. He snuck out and as going down the breezeway to another building in his wheelchair on a nice sunny day. Do you blame him? Well, that earned him another "house arrest" bracelet that locks all the doors to the outside when he gets near to the door. (He has no clue what the alarm is for.)


Bob looked handsome today, as always.


I was still baffled about being told that Bob couldn't count change, so, I gave him all of the change in my coat pocket and told him to count it. Before I had myself situated, he said, "2.15 without counting the pennies." What the f***? He was right. No wonder I don't have a job amongst people anymore. I see positively, while others see only negatively. I can't handle it! Negative people drive me absolutely bonkers!


A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose to trust You. I cast my cares on You. I give You my plans, dreams, and desires for the future. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your peace as I wait patiently to see Your plan unfold. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Bob Pirie Fund: Many of Bob's friends have expressed that they wanted to help by donating to a fund that will help with Bob's medical expenses. I have set up a Bob Pirie Fund at Umpqua Bank here in Roseburg. If you are interested in making a contribution, you can mail a check to: Umpqua Bank

Bob Pirie Fund

445 SE Main Street

Roseburg, OR 97470

c/o Caryn Martin, Universal Associate

Thank you in advance for your support and contribution.

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, go to the website, click on Become a Rep.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.

email or jiachini@msn.com

stroke info

aneurysm info

VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 103

No comments: