Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 7, 2010

And the anger flares...

Bob was very mad today when I was leaving without him. Not only was I leaving without him, but I was leaving him stranded with no car or cell phone against his wishes. If I didn't feel bad already, I have a big guilt trip going on now! So, bets are off. I'll be going up to WA again this coming weekend. I'm not good at this "tough love" thing. He's laying a big guilt trip on me by saying that if the "shoe were on the other foot", I wouldn't have anything to do with it. He calmed down when I told him that the government was "footing" the bill.


Bob's memory is getting back to where it was before. When I told him that his discharge date was March 16th, he new immediately how long of a time that is from now.


REQUEST: Please send Bob cards of encouragement to help him through this final leg of his recovery with the Vancouver VA.
Vancouver VA Medical Center, Community Living Center, 1603 E. 4th Plain Blvd., Building D-8 Room C-111, Vancouver, WA 98661


No comments: