Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bob's awakening! 5/28/09

Bob is awake! Talking to him tonight was like talking to an actual person. His eyes were clear, not blood-shot and foggy. He looked at each person who talked to him while standing around the bed. (This morning, his eyes still were searching.) I want to thank all of you for your prayers. Please continue them. Like I said yesterday, we are at the end of the runway, ready to take off.

Many of you have asked where have I been staying. I have been staying at the Crown Plaza in Lake Oswego. This hotel gives family members and friends of OHSU patients quite a big break on rates. Bob and I have stayed at this hotel previously. I need shower accomodations, and the Crown Plaza meets that need easily. Many hotels we've stayed at say they have handicap rooms; I'd like to see the person who designed the bathroom, sarcastically said.

I'm printing any email sent to me, and I'm reading them to Bob now that he's awake, so please keep sending them. jiachini@msn.com

For more information on strokes, visit strokeassociation.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sent an email to you for Bob but just want to tell you how very relieved and happy I am for you too! Take care of yourself also and I know Bob is in great hands with you! Brenda