Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Party time! Day 14 5/27/09

Bob reached the next milestone-day 14. It is so nice to see his face with no tubes coming out of every orifice. He is being weaned off of the ventilator. He was off of it for three hours today. He's breathing on his own. The ventilator is attached just for backup.

His feeding tube was put directly into his stomach through his abdomen. Also, a CAT scan revealed that Bob's brain seems to reabsorbing any fluid remaining in his head. Therefore, the shunts have been removed from the top of his head

I feel we're finally at the beginning of the runway. The past two weeks, he's been taxiing to the runway, and now, we're ready for the journey. Maybe this will be my road to recovery too. (For those who don't know, I'm in a wheelchair due to MS.)

He and I have discussed many many times, that God brought us together in a round about way, and that God teaches us lessons in strange ways. I think my lesson to learn from this incident is to show me that my love for Bob is much bigger than I ever imagined.

Bob is at OHSU, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239-3098. Flowers are not allowed in the room. Cards and pictures are being hung in the room.

My email is jiachini@msn.com. I'm saving everyone's messages for Bob to read at a later date.

For more information about strokes, visit www.strokeassociation.com

No comments: