Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 22, 2009

Bob's progress: one week past his life-flight to OHSU

Bob is looking better each day. The multiple IVs are being eliminated slowly each day. That alone is making him look better. Ninety-nine percent of the day (so it seems anyhow), Bob is unconscious; however, he gives the nurses a thumbs up with both thumbs and wiggles his toes on both feet. His eyes open slightly at the call of his name. We've hung pictures on the windows of his room that depict his personality. The medical staff appreciate seeing the real Bob.

Joe and Isaac have flown here to Oregon from Minnesota. His sister, Michele, her husband, Dean, and cousin, Leslie, came too. My daughter, Aunika, and son, Zachary have made the trek from Roseburg several times. Bob's blood pressure and heart rate increase at the sound of all of their voices. So, even though he cannot move to greet them, these signs show gratitude.

Please keep the prayers coming. Every one helps a great deal.

Bob is at OHSU, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239-3098

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Bob -

You are in our prayers and hearts.

NIBA Board of Directors

Anonymous said...

Hello Jan I am sorry I have never met you but I work for ADM in Chicago and I was currently with Iowa Grain where Bob traded for many years. He is such an awesome guy I have many fond memories of him as he would come in for broker meetings. I was so distraught at hearig of what happened to him he difinitely is in my prayers. Could you please tell him I said Hello and I hope he gets well soon. Thank you very much. God Bless

Anonymous said...

Hello again Jan I am sorry I hit the wrong button on the computer My name is Maria Molinaro from ADM/Iowa thatjust left that previous message.

Anonymous said...

Jan,

I too work for ADM, and prior, Iowa Grain for 8 years. I often spoke with Bob via phone and email in addition to spending time with him on his annual visits to Chicago. Bob, you, and the rest of his family are in my thoughts and prayers! Please give him my best.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Good

Julee said...

Jan, just wanted you to know that I've been praying for Bob, you and his family. Glad to hear of his improvement!
Julee (cousin from Iowa)

Anonymous said...

Jan,
Linda & I continue to keep Bob in our daily prayers. We hope he will soon be able to sort through the pictures we sent.
Thanks for providing this blog site. I will be sending it on to many at 1st United Methodist Church. We know that many at church have also been praying for Bob.
As before, if you need ANYTHING, please let us know.

Don & Linda

Syd Myers said...

Jan,

Thank you for being so good to my cousin. The picture of Bob in the Redwoods in California. Hum. Where in California and did Bob loose my phone number?? (ha ha)

I do appreciate all the updates and it is great to know that things are improving each day. I am told that Bob may be able to be moved to the VA hospital in Roseburg. If so let me know when. I will be in Medford June 16 - 21, 2009 and would love to come visit. 707-768-1728

Bob, you are in my thoughts and prayers each day. So just do your job and focus on getting all better.