Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A dad named Moose?

Who has a dad named Moose? A friend of ours came for a visit today, and Bob was confusing him with a childhood friend who lived on a farm and whose dad's name was Moose. Anyone want to decipher this story?

Bob is looking real good. He has lost 72 pounds! His roommate is another hospice patient. I keep telling t not to listen to conversations coming from the other side of the room. I reassure t that he's getting better each day, and he is going home. Bob has had three roommates; two who have passed away. Until now, I believe he has been oblivious to the previous two passing away.

Today's cognitive therapy included comprehension and short-term memory. Bob received 100%. He didn't pause with any of his responses. I also did some actvities where he had to pick a picture that matched a statement like, what provides shade...tree. Bob's response was slow, but he was 100% correct. I asked him to explain to me what shade was; this way I knew that he knew the definition. (I told you before...there is no such thing as "down-time" with this teacher (me).

A PRAYER FOR TODAY FROM JOEL OSTEEN
"Father in heaven, I choose to trust that You are working things out for my good. I choose to stand in faith, believing that my season of breakthrough is coming. Give me Your strength and peace as I patiently wait on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, email me.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.

email: jiachini@msn.com

stroke info: http://www.strokeassociation.com

aneurysm info: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysm.htm

VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 122A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One Day at A Time.