Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 21, 2009

Help wanted

Day 100...Bob made me a little sad today. When asked if he was feeling ok, he said he wasn't feeling good. I asked him what part of his body hurt. He said his body is fine, it's just all of the rest of this (meaning recovery) that isn't fine. He said that the physical therapists aren't letting him prove that he doesn't belong there (there being in a nursing home with all of the older residents). He then told the physical therapist that he wants to hit "it" (leg therapy) hard so he could get out of there (the nursing home)...I felt like crying for him; however, I kept my chin up and being my positive self, turned the conversation around. I told him I was glad to see him stand up for himself.

Here's where I need your help. If possible, please send encouragement his way in anyway you feel appropriate.

This evening, his spirits were better. He was impressed with the almost 10,000 hits on the blog. He thought a party when he gets home with all of his friends from all over the country would be lots of fun. (Keep your calendars open)

We attempted to play the game "Connect Four", but ended up sorting the red and black game pieces. I tried to make mistakes by putting a red piece on the black pile, and he would say, "That looks wrong."

He's so cute. He wanted me to put on quiet music so he could cuddle with me. That's why I love him!

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it.

Bob walked again today. He gets excited about it Walking also gets him very winded.


A prayer of healing and strength:

Dear God,
Use every event in my life, even my present circumstance, to work within me to bring healing of body, mind, soul, spirit, and relationship. In every way manifest your blessing in and through my life. Amen.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry it's so amazing.

email: jiachini@msn.com

stroke info: http://www.strokeassociation.com

aneurysm info: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysm.htm

Rose Haven Nursing Center740 NW Hill Pl., Roseburg, OR 97471 Room 128

No comments: