Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 1, 2009

twiddle my thumbs day

Today, I sat by Bob's bedside twiddling my thumbs. Why? Because, today was a day that he slept the entire day. Well, yes he did do physical therapy first, but then he slept. And, loudly, I might add. That's the t I know and love. What is really funny is when he's on the stand up table in physical therapy and they are slowly cranking the table to an upright position and Bob is sound asleep. I asked him tonight if he's in competition with Aunika, my daughter, for the longest hours slept award.


Church tomorrow...please remember Bob on your prayer lists for a full recovery. Thx.

I'm starting a new employee incentive activity tomorrow for all of the staff who take care of Bob. It's a program that I strongly believe in, and I have a published article about it in the OHS magazine in March 2003. Everytime a caregiver deserves a thank you or recognition for a job well done, I will give them a ticket to put thier name on, which will be collected in a box. When Bob leaves RoseHaven, a name will be drawn. The winner will recieve $25 from me. Like it? Go to www.billsims.com if you want to introduce it at your workplace. Bill Sims' program is a lot more involved, but has the same idea.


Alanon slogan: One day at a time.

A prayer of healing and strength:
Dear God, Use every event in my life, even my present circumstance, to work within me to bring healing of body, mind, soul, spirit, and relationship. In every way manifest your blessing in and through my life. Amen.
email: jiachini@msn.com
stroke info: http://www.strokeassociation.com/
aneurysm info: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysm.htm
Rose Haven Nursing Center740 NW Hill Pl., Roseburg, OR 97471 Room 128

No comments: