Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 27, 2009

Not much going on...

I don't believe it. I don't have much to say; not even a little tidbit. Bob is doing well today. I tried to help him sit on the edge of the bed. I don't know how the nurses do it. I had one heck of a time moving him two inches. How do those nurses do it to make it look so easy?

We worked on memory some today. He still can't put names to things, like list fruits. Bob's response, "I don't know. I have them pictured in my head, but I don't know what they're called." He can tell you all of the characteristics; just not the name.

He's still good with the stories. Bob told us he was a controller on a submarine in the Army; in addition to raising cattle and pigs for the Army. Oh, and he was a cook for a short time, as well as being a cardiac ICU nurse (which is fact).

Sanity to the lunacy...When leaving tonight, T told me he loved me, gobs and gobs. Isn't he too cute?

"How ya' doin, Bob?" "I feel good." "I feel better now that we're getting the music all set up for next year." (Your guess is as good as mine on what he means.) "Also, my ass hurts." hahaha... (He hates sitting in the wheelchair, due to his pressure wound.)

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
"Father in heaven, today I declare my thanks to You for all You have done in my life. Help me see Your hand of blessing as I continually acknowledge and praise Your name. Fill me with Your peace and joy as I keep You first place in all that I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen"

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, go to the website, click on Become a Rep.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.
email
stroke info
aneurysm info
VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 108A

No comments: