Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Not so great day...

Bob was having a down day today. His catater needed replaced, and he was given another suppository. Heavens, what else could go wrong with his lower half? Oh, yes, the pressure wound. I guess that does it for all of the openings on the lower half of his body.


He didn't eat well at lunch, but he did drink a lot of fluids. He did that in hopes to ward off another UTI, since the catater malfunctioned this morning.


I bought two games for us to work on his memory and recall. I got "memory"; a concentration game and "Guess Who?"; a game that requires naming characteristics to determine your opponents hidden person.

I've decided to take it upon myself to help Bob stand everyday. I've had enough of the "downtime" from physical therapy due to his infection isolation. It will be interesting how I will accomplish this task. I'll keep you posted.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

"Father in heaven, today I declare my thanks to You for all You have done in my life. Help me see Your hand of blessing as I continually acknowledge and praise Your name. Fill me with Your peace and joy as I keep You first place in all that I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen"

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, go to the website, click on Become a Rep.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.

email

stroke info

aneurysm info

VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 108A

No comments: