Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sad day...

First, Bob's fever is back to normal. He was still a little quiet this morning. Second, Earleen, the nurse practitioner in charge, announced to Bob and me that (with our permission) she was going to petition for Bob to be admitted to an intense rehab in Vancouver, WA. To be admitted there, the patient has to be well enough and able to do 5-6 hours of intense physical, occupational, and cognitive therapy a day.


Sounds like a good thing, right? It was sad for me, because I have been ready for my T to come home, and I've been anxiously awaiting that date. I thought it was going to be sooner than later. So, of course, I cried. Then, again, maybe all of this is finally catching up with me.


I talked with the physical therapist this evening. She said she has only heard good things about the rehab in WA. She is going to advocate for Bob to go. She says she has a "feeling" about his intelligence and his capability, and she feels Bob will benefit from their resources and abilities. I suppose, I should just suck it up. After all, it's to benefit T for the rest of his life.


Memory-wise, this evening (around 7pm), T remembered I was upset earlier today (at noon). I asked how he knew I was upset. He said, "Because you were crying." That was the first time he remembered a new incident longer than 15 minutes. Woo-hoo.


Something funny...We were discussing all the characteristics of a bird. I asked, "How do birds eat." Bob couldn't think of the word beak. He was bobbing his head like he was pecking at food and said, "They use their peckers." hahaha...what a belly-laugh we both had.

NEW A PRAYER FOR TODAY
"Father God, today I choose to give You thanks. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for setting me free. Thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus! I know You have a good plan for me. Thank You for leading and guiding me and for keeping me close to You all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, email me.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.
email
stroke info
aneurysm info
VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 108A

No comments: