Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's cold outside!

Bob Pirie Fund: Many of Bob's friends have expressed that they wanted to help by donating to a fund that will help with Bob's medical expenses. I have set up a Bob Pirie Fund at Umpqua Bank here in Roseburg. If you are interested in making a contribution, you can mail a check to: Umpqua Bank

Bob Pirie Fund

445 SE Main Street

Roseburg, OR 97470

c/o Caryn Martin, Universal Associate



Thank you in advance for your support and contribution.



The pipes froze at the VA today. The electricity needed to be shut off while the plumbers fixed it. Therefore, I didn't stay long for my visit this morning. Bob was tucked in bed under several blankets keeping warm. He told me that there wasn't enough room for me to crawl in with him to stay warm, so I went home to get warm.



Those of you who are experiencing a blizzard, today, will think I'm a pansy saying that 15 degrees is cold. But, it is freezing here in Oregon. It smelled like it should have been snowing. I'm from Pennsylvania; I know what snow and blizzards feel and smell like. The air smelled like the snow would have been one of those snows that had a crunchy sound when walked on. Those of you who live in snow, know what I mean.



The PT taped up Bob's left foot today to help lift his drop foot. She has ordered a brace for him to use; but she feels that the more aware he becomes mentally, the more awake the nerves will become to that foot and ankle.

No comments: