Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Three weeks and counting down...

The contractor gave me an estimation of three weeks for the completion of the new addition. So, if T is not in the rehab in Vancouver, WA by that date, I plan on loading him in the car and taking him home.


Wow! That gives me approximately 21 days to get things in order. He has his game plan too. For the next three weeks, he will be walking, exercising, and working on healing the pressure wound completely, so he says.


I forgot to take Bob's walker back to the VA last night. But, that didn't stop my T. Shannon, the good nurse, went to his room to check on him this morning. He was using his wheelchair as a walker looking for the restroom.


Bob has some good stories to tell. I never know what I'm going to hear when I enter his room for a visit. I've heard all kinds from cousins getting sick from eating sheep to wondering how I was permitted on this ship. (It depends on what is on TV.)


"How ya doin', Bob"..."I'm getting better. It's a long road. I'll be golfing in the summer, and I'll be back to work in two months."

Aneurysm Questions
Find Instant Answers to All Your Aneurysm Questions on Bing ™.
http://www.bing.com/

Bob Pirie Fund: Many of Bob's friends have expressed that they wanted to help by donating to a fund that will help with Bob's medical expenses. I have set up a Bob Pirie Fund at Umpqua Bank here in Roseburg. If you are interested in making a contribution, you can mail a check to: Umpqua Bank
Bob Pirie Fund
445 SE Main Street
Roseburg, OR 97470
c/o Caryn Martin, Universal Associate

Thank you in advance for your support and contribution.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
"Heavenly Father, thank You for the strength to make it through any challenge I may face. I choose to put my trust in You. I declare that You are good and thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Have you checked out travel-mobility.com yet? Check out our new website. Pass it on too. We'd appreciate it. If you'd like an online home business of your own, go to the website, click on Become a Rep.

Jill Bolte Taylor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU It'll make you cry, it's so amazing.
email
stroke info
aneurysm info
VA Healthcare System, Transitional Care Unit, 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470 Room 106

No comments: