Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy 15th Birthday Zachary...

I'm a bit early today. I figured, while I check my various emails and facebook page, I'd write about Bob's and my day.

Well, it was a day like most of the others. Bob and I attempted to start the day at 5:30am. Once again, that plan did not work. We rolled out of bed around 6:15am. Why so early? The markets open at 7:15am. Bob needs to get a mindset for trading. He hasn't restarted trading yet, we're treating the day as though he were. He's in bootcamp right now. I need a staff Sergeant yelling at me, "Get up. Get up. No time for laziness." Then, call me names, and possibly drop me on the floor. (Naaa... I doubt if I'd move any faster. For spite, I'd probably move slower.)

Zachary's birthday is today. He's 15. In Oregon, you can get a driver's permit at 15. I should start a driver's school. I not only get to supervise Zachary's driving, but also Bob's. But, you know, first, I have to be willing to relinquish the keys. :-)

Bob walked all through Walmart today using the cart as a walker. He tried to "go solo" by walking back to the car; however, being the frightened mother- figure, I had him hold onto my automatic cart.

Formal exercise has been on our "to do" for a few days. We'll get there. :-) We'll get there.

No comments: