Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Recall exists...

Well, I think Bob is serious this time about asking me to marry him. He has remembered that he asked for two days now. We discussed when (what year). I was thinking, far future, maybe after Zachary graduates high school, but he told me, "This year." Instantly, I was stressed. The day we met face-to-face was May 9th. I thought that would be a good day. So, when I told him that day has already passed, he said, "It doesn't matter what day it happens, let's just do it this year." AAAhhhh....I'm stressed.

We had a relaxing day at the river. The dogs went swimming with Aunika and Zachary. Well, Bentley waded up to his ankles. He won't go any deeper. If the kids try to pull him in deeper, he looks at me as if to say, "Mom, look what they're doing to me!"

Coupe's different. He's like the kid who is first in the water. As soon as he sees the water, he runs full speed towards it and leaps in.

Bob has been using my wheelchair as a walker. I'm using the wheelchair still. Not as often, however. I don't think the new medicine that I'm taking is working as quickly as it did when I first started to take it in May. But, I'll continue. I have enough for one year.

Bob's email
Jan's email

No comments: