Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I fell into a scam...

There's something about having a nice deck and a quiet backyard to be able to enjoy dinner with someone you care about. My t and I ate dinner on our new deck this evening. The kids made most of the dinner, then served it to us. (I wonder what they want? Maybe they were just being nice. hmm...)

I finished my book called "My Personal Medical Information Book". It will be available for purchasing soon. The cost will be $9.50. Stand by...

Bob said to tell everyone that he feels good. He said his brain is a little scattered at times, but other than that, he feels good.

Believe this...I was scammed! Have you ever heard of the mystery shopper? That's where you go to a store to evaluate the employees' customer service, then send your evaluation back to the contact. Before doing that, you deposit a huge check that they sent you into a bank account, wait for it to clear, then send a portion of it back to them by Western Union.

Well, I did just that, but while the check was clearing, I called the company to verify that they were legit. They seemed to have all the right answers to my questions.

The check cleared at the bank, so I sent by Western Union the amount they requested. A few hours later, Western Union called me telling me it was a scam. They sent the money back to me to put back in the bank. Thank goodness for Western Union, otherwise, I would have sent $3000 to someone in New York, and I would have owed the bank that amount too. The scammers forged checks from some other business. I hate to be the CFO of that business.

Lesson learned, "If it seems to good or easy to be true, then it's a scam."

Bob's email
Jan's email

No comments: