Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A humdrum day...

A new Costco opened today in Roseburg. Woo hoo! Of course, Bob and I had to go. There weren't the massive amount of people there like I thought there would be. It is more organized than other Costcos I've been to. (For those on the east coast, Costco is like Sams Club.)

Bob walked the whole store. He was sweating by the time we finished. I haven't seen him sweat since before his stroke. Since his stroke, he's been colder than me. And, I usually have a sweater on when it's 90 degrees outside.

Nothing special happened today. It was a day of mismatched errands and doing this and that. Sorry, I have nothing spectacular to report.

Bob's email
Jan's email

3 comments:

Ms.Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms.Kim said...

Having nothing exceptional to comment about and having a boring day of running errands should actually be considered as an AWESOME day!

Love ya, Kimi

Unknown said...

Everyday is exceptional when you've been what I went through for the past year.