Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good days and bad days...

Bob still has good days and bad days. Today was a not so good day. He had trouble with standing and walking. (Boy, do I know that feeling all too well.)

Bob wanted to go for another "Sunday" drive again today. I told him that we couldn't, because every time we go for a drive we always end up in California. I can't wait til he gets his driving "wits" back.

Some people have asked about my new medicine that I started in May. It is a newly approved medicine by the FDA that is supposed to help those with MS walk faster. I think it helps me walk a bit better; however, I also think it is has plateaued. I got a little better, but I've stopped improving. I shouldn't be disappointed, because, at least, now I don't have to lug my wheelchair out of the car everywhere we go. I can do some walking with assistance.

Bob, on the other hand, is walking without his walker. We don't even take it in the car, unless we are walking a long distance. Woo-hoo!

No comments: