Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another interesting day...

I had another interesting morning. No, I didn't set any alarms off or blow things up. I got a phone call from an attorney to testify at a hearing for a person I tested for Voc Rehab three years ago. The testing I do is to help determine what types of training or careers the client will be successful doing. I do cognitive testing, so, if a person says they want to be a rocket scientist, but they measure an IQ score of 70; then 9.99999999 chances it ain't going to happen.

Anyway, this attorney called me and wanted me at the court house in 45 minutes. Now, mind you, I tested the client 3 years ago, which means, I hadn't look at his report for three years, and I'm in a wheelchair, and when I try to move fast, my body automatically goes slower. Zachary to the rescue!

When I got to the court room, I was given a few minutes to review the client's report. Parts of his reading sucked and parts didn't. The opposing attorney was trying to get me to say that the client was able to understand what he was able to read. What the attorney doesn't understand is there is a lot more to reading than being able to pronounce words. The client was able to sound out words but comprehension was way way low. I told the attorney that I could probably sound out and say words in another language, but would have no clue what it meant. (I don't think that's what he wanted to hear.)

Also, the opposing attorney tried to get me to say that emails that he showed me were written by the client. I said that even though the email came from the client's email address, I didn't know if he wrote it or not. It could have been typed by someone else. Again, not what the attorney wanted me to say.

All in all, I think I did ok. Zachary went with me. He said that would have been tough, because the questions were on-the-spot, and I had to come up with quick answers. No room for fibbing.

When it comes to memory, Bob is getting so angry and frustrated with his. However, he did remember to write some things down today on his "to do" list all on his own.

Bob's email
Jan's email

No comments: