Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Decision #2...

A few weeks ago I mentioned to keep us in your prayers, because we are faced with times of making life decisions. Decision #1 was to set a date to get married, which we did. That was a good thing. Today, we face decision #2. Bob is ready to return to trading. (We've been getting up at 5:30am every weekday in order for the markets to open at 7am. We've set up mock scenarios for trading, and we've studied the CBOT self-study guide (which Bob receives 100% on most quizzes).) However, the company that Bob does his trading with is not ready for him to return. The decision we need to make is, what to do.

You know, as I type this, the situation reminds me of all the negativity that I've encountered alone this year-long journey. It reminds me of that staff meeting that I went to at the VA where I was livid that everyone claimed that Bob couldn't do anything cognitively. grrr...

One thing Bob said this afternoon is,"Thank goodness I forget things, because I have been doing work with ADMIS for thirty years, and they're telling me to "f***" off. I'm glad I don't remember the phone conversation, because I don't want to be continuously angry." I wish I had that ability. :-)

Bob's email
Jan's email

remember to visit the sites to the right>>>

No comments: