Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

memory, exercise bah...

I am so sorry. I forgot to post a blog yesterday. Please forgive me.

The location issue is frustrating, can make both t and me angry, but it has become something we can joke about and laugh at. All day long today, Bob refused to believe that Oregon was not in the middle of the United States. I told him to ask anyone at choir. He told me they are probably in cahoots with me. hahaha...

Bob can't accept the fact that his memory is not what it used to be. Before his aneurysm, his brain was like a sponge. It soaked up and held and information that went through it. We discussed writing things down that needs remembered. He got snippy with me about that idea. He feels he can remember. I think we'll need to practice the concept to show how useful the activity will be for memory.

We did a bit more walking today. Bob walked across the garage with no assistance of any kind. I held my breath, but he was ok. Exercise though, is hard to fit into the day. You'd think we we busy all day. And to think, I designed fitness programs for employees, and I taught a college class that taught students to design their own fitness program. hmm...

No comments: