Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Scaring the begeebers out of me...

OMG! I had the wits scared out of me this morning. I let Bob drive to church. He did great. He just took turns way too wide. I thought he was going to hit the curb several times. Also, we passed some roadwork that had quite a few cones set up. Bob came close to running over a few. Both of us were glad we arrived safely to church. Bob was glad , because my screaming was deafening to his ears and his manly pride.

Bob and I looked back at my blogs to see where he was medically last year at on this date. He just arrived at VIBRA. He had the trach, and was still attached to oxygen. He couldn't talk, and he couldn't swallow voluntarily. The speech therapist was reteaching him how to swallow by using ice cubes. Wow, what a difference one year makes. He has no problem eating his fair share of food now.

T and I exercised today. We did chair yoga. We laughed so hard several times. At one point, we were required to put our arms above our heads and raise one leg in the air. hahahaha... First you need to have enough strength to put your arms above your head without falling over; and then raise your leg. All I can say is, "Thank goodness we were sitting down! If I wasn't, I would have been on my butt." :-(

Zachary's health problems are still going. His eyes are swollen shut with allergies and he has a massive headache from clogged sinuses. Know any remedies? email me

Continue to visit the ads to the right to increase revenue and to move me up Google's rating.

No comments: