Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My cart was faster...

Bob and I are getting the venturing idea down to a science. We went to Wal-mart today. We walked in, then got two automatic carts. One of the attendants had to show Bob how to run his cart, because he never ran one before his aneurysm, so he didn't have familiar information stored in his brain to pull a "how to" strategy from. But he learned how instantly.

Bob headed out first, then as we started down the main isle; he in his cart, I in mine. My cart was faster, so I swerved out to the left of my t and left him in my dust. :-)

Even though my t's memory is improving, I'm not sure he'd be able to survive without assistance. He has his morning shower routine down, but can't remember to take his medicine. I set it out for him every morning and evening. He knows his computer password and everything about commodities, but can't remember where our bedroom and bathroom are located. He can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or get a bowl of cereal, but has difficulty with the microwave. I know the more "real" situations I can create, the more relearning Bob can do.

Bob used his wheelchair as little as possible today. His legs are becoming more fit; he says he recognizes the difference everyday.

Bob's email
Jan's email

No comments: