Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dwindling wheelchair use...

Today was another first for me. I played a part in "Meet the Fockers". Not really...:-), but I met the parents of the girl Zachary is going to the prom with.

I put Bob's wheelchair in the closet today so he'd only used the walker. Once again, he had a few choice words for me. Tough Love...gotta love it! He tried to guilt me into giving it back by threatening to take my wheelchair away. Try explaining that one to someone who doesn't remember what MS is.

I'm doing bad with my writing today. I'm ending too many sentences with a preposition or verb. Please ignore my grammar. It's too late in the evening to be bothered with. (See...another preposition)

Bob's memory varies from day to day. It depends on if he is tired or not. It also depends on the amount of sleep or if he has eaten. I believe the antibiotics are healing other things besides his stomach wound.

Which, by the way, his stomach wound is healing nicely. The home-care nurse comes only three days a week now, instead of everyday.

Reminder: One-year celebration, May 29th at United Method Church, 1771 W. Harvard Ave, Roseburg, Oregon, 2-4pm.

Firepit sing-a-long, 2147 SE Lois St., Roseburg, Oregon, 7pm (BYOB and lawn chairs)

Donations for Bob's continued recovery: Bob Pirie Fund, Umpqua Bank, Main Street, Roseburg, Oregon, 97470, Attn: Caryn Martin

No comments: