Welcome note

When my husband and I set out to find and take pictures of wheelchair accessible waterfalls in every U.S. state, we were excited about the challenge. We gave ourselves no time limit to accomplish our feat; however, we had one mutually agreed upon rule that dictated how long we would stay in any given area. That rule was to never shiver again. Needless to say, adhering to this rule presented a new challenge. The new challenge was to find a waterfall that was actually flowing. Visiting mid-west and eastern states during months that prevented us from shivering are the same months that are hot enough to dry up streams; hence, little or no water flow for waterfalls. The natural scenery and picturesque landscapes warrant a second visit in the early spring right after the snow melts.

Bob and Jan

Bob and Jan
Christmas Eve

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 14, 2010

Yes I can! No you can't!...

I got those nasty responses and attitude again today when I suggested to Bob that we go to the school parking lot to practice driving. Bob strongly objected to my accusations that he needs to practice before I trust that he can drive. He rattled off our address, and he gave me directions to our house. I explained that his vision isn't up to par. He adamantly disagreed. I think I'll turn the driving lessons over to Daniel or Bob's dad when he arrives in a few weeks.

Bob remembered detailed information about some people at his church that he wasn't able to remember a few weeks ago. He recognized that his memory is slowly coming back, but isn't completely there yet. Whew...at least he didn't fight me on that issue.

Bob's birthday is on the 19th. Part of the celebration party will be to celebrate this birthday and the one he wasn't able to celebrate last year.

Reminder: One-year celebration, May 29th at United Method Church, 1771 W. Harvard Ave, Roseburg, Oregon, 2-4pm.

Firepit sing-a-long, 2147 SE Lois St., Roseburg, Oregon, 7pm (BYOB and lawn chairs)

Donations for Bob's continued recovery: Bob Pirie Fund, Umpqua Bank, Main Street, Roseburg, Oregon, 97470, Attn: Caryn Martin

No comments: